Sanderson Management Inc. – General Terms and Conditions
The purpose of this document is to clarify the terms under which Sanderson Management Inc. (Sanderson) will engage Vendors, Trades, Service Providers and Contractors, hereinafter referred to as “Contractor”, as agents of and on behalf of various Condominium Corporations hereinafter known as “Clients”. When a Contractor submits a quotation for work to the Client, or proceeds to carry out work for the Client, it is understood that the following standard understanding exists between the parties.
- All taxes are included in a quoted price unless stipulated in writing otherwise in the quote.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for all permits, approvals, and inspections, including all costs of retaining same, related to the work quoted as required by law or bylaw.
- The Contractor shall be responsible to ensure that all workers abide by all Labour laws and safety protocols including but not limited to The Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- The Contractor shall be responsible to supervise and control the workplace in order to ensure a safe and harassment free environment for all workers and all condominium residents, guests, employees and passersby.
- The Contractor acknowledges that all information pertaining to the Condominium Residents is protected by P.I.P.E.D.A. The Contractor agrees not to use, distribute, or disseminate such information, and agrees to destroy that information in a safe manner when it is no longer needed for the work.
- The Contractor will be responsible to notify the Condominium Corporation if it intends to use sub-contractors to carry out the quoted work. It will be the responsibility of the Contractor to ensure that the sub-contractor(s) abide by the terms of these requirements and shall ensure that proper insurance is in place before allowing the sub-contractor to enter upon the premises of the Condominium. The Contractor is also responsible for ensuring sub-contractors are paid in a timely manner.
- The Contractor agrees to abide by all Laws, Bylaws, Statutes, and Regulations of all government agencies and bodies of authority that have any jurisdiction over the work being carried out by the Contractor.
- Despite any instructions otherwise provided on this or any other website giving details related to submitting quotations, all quotations shall be sent to the condominium corporation in care of the appropriate property manager via email, or mailed to the condominium corporation care of the Sanderson office, unless a sealed bid is requested. Sealed bids are to be sent as instructed in the bid documents, or the request for quotation documents. All such submissions shall include the final price of the work to be carried out. Any extra costs shall be clearly stated in the submission.
- Sanderson processes payments monthly for each condominium corporation, typically in advance of each corporations’ board meeting. Invoices for completed work should be submitted upon completion of the work to ensure the invoice can be processed in a timely manner, and payment can be prepared and approved by the board of directors.
- Payment for your Approved Vendor Application Fee to any management company does not guarantee you will be approved. Furthermore, approval does not guarantee that you will receive requests for quotes.
- The Contractor acknowledges that they will only take direction from Sanderson. At no time will the Contractor take direction from a unit owner, resident, tenant, guest, or any other person who may be at the site.
- Contractor approval is at the sole discretion of Sanderson.
- Applications are non-refundable in all cases.
Additional Terms and Conditions may apply for certain service providers.